Monday, January 5, 2015

Blogging

Some say that the personal blog is long dead. A generation of bloggers whom in their day strutted and fretted their hour upon the stage, were then heard no more. Their blog pages dark. The last post, sometimes thanked readers for visiting, indicating that Twitter and other shorter attention span genres would be the next chapter. Some bloggers just walked out one day. The last mundane post to be their legacy. Social media commentators found it easy to declare the death of the personal blog, raising a brow and calmly explaining that blogging was just tales told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Somehow glossing over that 140 characters limits communication, other than the most shallow and vapid of ideas. 

I being one of those idiots, have kept blogging into my eighth year. I still encourage others to do so. When my niece had her first child, she toyed with blogging. I urged her to do so. When others have not blogged in a while I send messages to them, explaining that they are missed. We are a band of brothers. The few; the proud. Bloggers, the ones that still blog, are like hipster vinyl album collectors.  This makes readers of blogs the few people that hear the difference between compressed Bluetooth music, and the rich sound that only comes from vinyl. 

That is why I was so excited to see one tiny blog from the blogging gold rush, come back from the dust. The Mutton-Chopped Mutant. Kez from Melbourne, how we've missed your daily life pressed into vinyl. Stay strong buddy. Your blog never left my reading list, and it never will. 

If there are others out there, that you know of, please let me know so I can add them to my reading list. 

6 comments:

  1. I am thankful that you are still blogging Stevie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love it to see old blogs revive.
    I am going onto year #9 this year. I hope to keep going for nine more and then some. I hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a few die-hard of us left. I'm grateful for yours still being there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your still here for this new generation of blogger. Keep it up, so will I.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for reading mine! I'll be by here more as I just added you, long over due, to my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.