Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Standing up For A "C"

I have received the emails. The Facebook messages, and phone calls. "Steve, are you dead? Why haven't you blogged?" Thank you,  for checking on me. 

Yes. I know, it has been the longest I've ever gone without blogging. This is due to my school work. But, my absence from blogging was for a good cause.  My lack of writing can be completely blamed on a certain Ethics and Philosophy professor.  A professor, unlike any other I ever met.  A professor that started the semester on "How gay marriage is incompatible with moral ethics." 

The fun stopped there. 

The whole argument was nothing you had not heard before. How marriage was only for the promise and purpose of procreation. That the only valid union was one centered upon coitus.  When the whole class seemed to agree with him, I knew it was going to be a rough semester.  Trust me, I stood up for the team. Every paper, every homework, every assignment this semester was then centered around the fight and struggle for acceptance of LGBT peoples. 

There was a six page paper on transgendered couples raising children. Another on how the dogma of religion is used as a crutch for the anti-marriage movement. 

All of this effort has taken twice as long, and twice and much energy as any college class should take. I feel I had to stand up, regardless of the loosing. I have been writing more than I should of invested, then chucking all my effort at a brick wall. With the 75% and 78%  grades I have been getting back; I know I have probably wasted my time.  Standing up and making an augment to a closed mind. 

I may get a "C" in the class. 

I'll be more proud of my "C" than any other grade I have ever received. 

3 comments:

  1. what an ass; bringing his own bigotry into a university setting!

    ya wanna know something? I have been married twice; in neither marriage did I conceive a child; both my spouses and I NEVER wanted to spawn. wonder if mr. bigot could wrap his head around THAT concept.

    thank you for standing up for your beliefs, stevie. you shall be rewarded far above a "c" grade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be proud of yourself. He, on other hand, should not.

    It's a class, not a sermon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet he's on grindr on the weekends...

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.